Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Randal's Redoubtable Recreation Roundup


















Okay, chumps and chumpettes, including yours truly, we've got eight yokels and yokel affiliates for the fantasy baseball league: Dusty, her dude, some other dude she knows, Mathman (no fair using your fancy, algorithmic superpowers, dude), a dude named Snave and a couple of dudes from here. That means we need four more suckers for our Saturday, March 21st draft.

Noon sharp!

EST!

The fate of Western Civilization® hangs in the balance!











Don't make me beg, for I'm already spending far too much time begging the hoop gods to finally, finally, give Cleveland a break *cough* championship *cough*. After last night's ridiculous nail-biter against a joke of a team, and after two more road games, the Mighty and Righteous Cavs, 50-13, have eight of their next nine at home, whereas the Lakers, Minions of the Black Pit, also 50-13, have a seven-game road trip coming up.

And how about this flabbergastery? For the first time since the Reagan Administration, the Cleveland State Vikings, after knocking off Top 25 nemesis Butler, are headed to the National Office Pool. What happened the last time they were there? Fourteenth-seeded Mouse McFadden and Co. knocked off chair connoisseur Bobby Knight and then St. Joseph's before getting completely jobbed by the refs against Navy. I think they just called another personal foul on Eric Mudd.













"I'm sorry, Admiral Robinson, I'll gladly turn the ball over to you."

12 comments:

Agi said...

They gots problems if the friggin Clippers are giving them competition.

Dean Wormer said...

You'll never catch me whining about the refs. Unless it's the Blazers against the Cavs. Then all bets are off.

Randal Graves said...

agi, the way their offense was last night, an ugly win remains a win.

dean, speaking of the Blazers, is Oden still nursing his stubbed toe or hangnail or whatever is keeping him out, the wanker?

Dean Wormer said...

Oden? Never heard of him. :)

A lot of grumbling going on among Portland fans about his latest injury. I'm beginning to think my Sam Bowie predictions were correct.

Randal Graves said...

In our offline keeper league, my years of trading aging assets for picks finally paid off as I had sucked for a couple of years, but nabbed Chris Paul and Danny Granger in some drafts, THEN won last year's lottery. My forwards were okay, so I went with Oden over Durant. Fuckity fuckity fuck for you being correct with Sam Bowie, ya bastard.

Utah Savage said...

I think the Jazz are 12and0. Is that the right lingo? Is that the right statistic? An I gloating? And I don't give a shit. Call me when baseball season starts. We have a AA or AAA team. I go to games. Now and then. I've played geezer ball. But for now and until the end of time I will be chronicling your literary meme you vile motherfucker. There is not enough paper in my house to make the notes necessary to make this list. Must I explain it's influence on my writing? I'll be dead before I finish but I'll be working on it till then. And I have stories to tell. You keep me from my work and I collude. What kind of procrastinating fools are we?

susan said...

Gee, I'd love to but I'd be like the guy in our old fantasy league who spent 80% of his allotted imaginary cash on Goose Gossage and spent the rest on unknown position players. You can guess what happened to his team.

Ubermilf said...

zzzzzzzzz....

Commander Zaius said...

I would say something about the Hawks beating the Jazz today but the highlights I saw suggest the game was a snoozer.

Utah Savage said...

Ok Beach, you're on. Who the hell are the Hawks?

Randal Graves said...

utah, they were 12-0 in their last 12 until yesterday, so yes, you were correct.

I refuse to apologize for the meme because why wouldn't I want to know your literary influences? And remember, it doesn't have to be a book, or even Proustian.

Procrastinators? I just alternate writing bad fiction and penning bad verse. Write some poems or epigrams for famously evil dead crackers.

susan, well sure, because it was probably the year that Gossage didn't get 78 saves, win 30 games in relief, all over 197 innings.

übermilf, why do you all hate sports? Don't make me put you in the stockade.

BB, I'm just glad Sloan hasn't chopped Millsap's time, since I've got him on one of my fantasy teams.

utah, it's a type of bird of prey whose fans spend an inordinate amount of time praying ever since the departure of the Dominique.

Anonymous said...

Now you're making me feel bad for missing this post. It's not always that put a post with my childhood friend and teammate Kenny "The Mouse" McFadden. BTW. I joined your league.. finally.