Thursday, July 5, 2012

I'm gonna send you back to old schoolin'

Jesus Hernandez Cthulhu, the Big Cup's Pointless Phase Shift has already begun with shocking! lack o' brass, too bad Dudelange dude lange lagrange a pow pow pow not a fan, but 1963 since a Luxembourgeois squad has, nevermind. Fuck this sack- & vagina-less league shit. See what I did there, genitalia genius. Man, that riff smokes water, fires skies, plus you could churn it out in a lute shoppe without getting a half stack in the kneecap. My copy of this disappeared ages ago, but working in a library has its benefits beyond oscillation twixt hanging ten & spacing out with the occasional sprinkles-on-top of ranting to no one/suckers in the immediate radius as we anathematize all those who oppose us. Guess that reference, win a prize. Hint: 'tis actually post-1980, the year of Women and Children First & joyous Saturnalia receipt of the Alpha-1 Rocket Base. I swear on this book of carpet samples.

13 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Don't make me cast "Black Carpet Beetle" on your book of samples.
~

Freida Bee said...

There are so many wonderfulnesses in that video. I want prizes without merit. And, lastly, but not lastly, swearing on a book of carpet samples may be your cleverest invention yet. Patent that shit and Judge Judy will sharing her ample bosom, er fortune with you in .003 seconds.

Randal Graves said...

if, pests like that are easily controlled with giant radioactive spiders.

FB, dude, I totally ripped that off from the Simpsons. If it seems clever, rest assured it ain't mine.

Demeur said...

I gave up on D&D when constantly being eaten at the start. No fun there. Surely there's a copy in the back of Comicbookman's shop. Oops that's not real either.

Post 1980s? Sorry man the short term memory went years ago. It's all the 60s and 70s for me. Now where'd
I leave that Pink Floyd cassette?

Prunella Vulgaris said...

Hey man, is that Freedom Rock?

Randal Graves said...

demeur, you got scared by Sabbath, of course a kobold is gonna do a number on your skull.

No 8-track? You're not old, you're not old at all!

duchess, CCTV Rock (them being English and all).

Tom Harper said...

Good old Deep Purple. Sometimes it's fun to go back to the Old School.

susan said...

You just reminded me of my favorite 'old school' episode.

Commander Zaius said...

Had a buddy in high school into D&D, lost track of him a long time ago but I figure he is fifty fathoms deep into World of Warcraft.

Randal Graves said...

tom, fuck yeah, old Purple rules. Burn in ace, though there's not enough crunch/too much funk on Stormbringer. Aside from being a Rushmore curmudgeon, I completely get why Blackmore said 'fuck this.'

susan, holy crap, I haven't seen that in so long and aw yiss, 'tis on the tubes! I know what I'm doing at work today.

BB, damn kids with their on-rails electronic media. Tabletop's where it's at.

Demeur said...

It's coming back to me now. Why yes I did have an 8- track. It was in the van with shag carpet. See told you I was old. Had to think a while on that one.

S.W. Anderson said...

The strutting and posturing are out of Benito Mussolini's playbook. I wonder how Basie and Brubeck thrived without tacky costumes, sideshow theatrics and tinfoil-trappings spectacle. They just made fantastic music. ;)

Randal Graves said...

demeur, you forgot about the disco ball.

SWA, don't freak out too much, but TV now comes in color.