Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love buzz



Re: below; the new Van Halen, not Bleach, also a fine album.

Cast of characters
Miss Prunella Vulgaris, The Duchess of Hammer-on-Dulcimer, esteemed member of the Peonage
Juan, The Earl of Valdez, less esteemed member of the Peonage

The Towering Slab, interior.

DUCHESS: Is that all you've been listening to?
EARL: Yeah, until das Deutschlandenpackagen arrives.

fin

True story.* This imitation one-sixteenth act play was supposed to lead into something else not the next one-act play I'm in the midst of penning thanks for containing your enthusiasm ingrates, but I forgot what it was since I started typing this post. True story. Also true is me scouring my music files for preferably snarky songs about love, preferably en plus with the word 'love' in the title but that's not a requirement, 'cause said Duchess is in the midst of planning next Tuesday's radio gig & I'm all about homies helping homies & what's more worthy of nelsonmuntzing than naive melodramatics vs. vitriolic burned-agains, opposing civilizations locked in mortal kombat whose bloodshed drowns the feet of us, the charmingly innocent, in a sparkly, rhymed effluvia? 

Dammit, I can't (i.e. I can) believe I forgot what the other thing was which means it was probably the coolest part of this post which means it wasn't all that cool.

*the dialogue has been paraphrased to protect the guilty

15 comments:

Prunella Vulgaris said...

I'm tempted to change my show name to Radio Free Clevelandia, because it sounds swanky and I'd like to think of it as a metaphorical freeing from swanky tuneage declassified by genre and hipster cache.

Randal Graves said...

I'll sell the rights to you at half price IF you promise to load your show with copious amounts of flavors-of-the-month & The Greatest Band Ever You Philistine.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Clevelandistan works for me, but I'm just one of the heathens from down south.
~

Laura said...

I really don't know what the fuck is going on...... *sigh*

((Hugs))
Laura

Jim H. said...

There's the perennial fave by J. Geils: Love Stinks. But that may be too obvious for the subtle tastes of the Clevelandia rock elite.

You could try The Vaselines' Sex Sux for a rockin' good time.

Or you could get trippy with The Brian Jonestown Massacre's If Love Is the Drug Then I Want to OD.

Classic Pop: Buckingham Nicks' Frozen Love.

Change of pace: The Charlottes Love in the Emptiness.

Then, of course, The Feelies' Loveless Love. An absolute classic!

An obvious choice: Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Ditto: Only Shallow from MBV's Loveless.

Here's some real rock 'n' roll to top off the set: Thee Headcoats' I Can Destroy All Your Love

Demeur said...

I understand your dillylemma perfectly.

Does that mean I need to call a shrink?

I knew it you had the secret of the universe right on the tip of your tongue.

Anonymous said...

In French, the egg.

ergo,

lessening the -less-ness.

Tengrain said...

Graves, you swine!

I thought you would want to know for your hubba-hubba sexytime next week: Don't forget to take off your socks first.

I have to teach everyone that lesson.

Regards,

Tengrain

Randal Graves said...

if, far too many syllables, thus much less the kynge's noyse.

laura, no one does, but who wants to make sense?

jim, I can confirm, officially, that the Duchess has given the thumbs up to many of your suggestions.

demeur, we're all just Shrinky Dinks in the cosmos' Easybake oven.

karl of the österreich, le poulet est venu en premier!

tengrain, I thought you would want to be reminded for my hubba-hubba sexytime next week: I'm married. Plus, the Champions League is back.

Tom Harper said...

Love Buzz is also the name of an excellent Fair Trade coffee we get at our local health food store.

susan said...

If the Duchess needs any more suggestions for love songs I'd be happy to recommend Cruising With Ruben and The Jets. sniff

Jim H. said...

@Prunella: Will you be streaming somewhere?

Commander Zaius said...

I hear both Miss Prunella and Juan will be on Downton Abbey next season.

Prunella Vulgaris said...

Jim, you can listen online at 5am on http://www.wcsb.org/listen (that goes for everyone else too).

lisahgolden said...

Prunella, if you can use downloads, Amanda Palmer does a great cover of Nirvana's Polly. You might not want to use it for your love show, but for some future show. You can get it for as low as .50

http://www.amandapalmer.net/2012/02/07/polly-video/

Another suggestion for the love show. The Pretenders Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Hi, Randal.