Saturday, September 15, 2012

Allegory, or, unexpectation sucks

One goddamn piece?

For the last three months, that's it, & a half-scribbled-in-class one at that. Even a serious post-witching hour carcass pick didn't salvage such poemetrick shit.

Perhaps a revisitation, a reghosting, a reapparitioning. Let's go with reghosting; the latter sounds too fiscally gerrymeandering to which Jake says ewww.

If only marrow was recyclable & nothing more than a quick snack for the ghoul on the go or a key ingredient in either compost or barbarian stew.


I do know what happens when I mix acids & bases, the same thing that happens when blood & brain aren't siphoned off by stanza & paragraph.

If only spontaneous combustion was a contest.

First prize is $500 & a year's supply of melodrama.

$500, you say?

Melodrama, you say?

If only an if only.

Yeah, these guys again, this time with some old Oldham. It's cold [ed. note: slightly cooler that it has been, but I'm ever th'eternal optimist], overcast [ed. note: shit, that's the sun, innit], & nothing's better than these dour Swedes for hoodie weather, but I'm certainly open to suggestions that I'll immediately ignore.

Put that in your pipe & mope it.

13 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

One run on one hit is pretty good, from an efficiency percentage standpoint. Goddamn it!
~

Randal Graves said...

It's worked for the first 145 games. Maybe I should take up the Cleveland Indians approach to creativity.

Demeur said...

If I wanted Katatonia I'd read Yahoo news all day. Dress malfunctions and political gaffes are so enlightening. Put that in your smoke and pipe it.

Laura said...

Ok.....

........

.......

What's going on here???

((Hugs))
laura

Tom Harper said...

Sports, the Simpsons and Swedish metal all in one post -- oh my.

Commander Zaius said...

I do know what happens when I mix acids & bases...

Careful, These days Homeland Security has been called for far less.

If only spontaneous combustion was a contest.

We're not that lucky.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I, for one, am OUTRAGED by Beach Bum's INCENDIARY REMARKS.
~

Life As I Know It Now said...

No one is listening anyway so go ahead and ignore them all you like.

Oh and it's getting cold at night down southern Indiana way too but it's nice sleeping weather with the windows open.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

nice sleeping weather

I saw them open for the Dead back in the 80s, man.
~

okjimm said...

melodrama does not spread well on toast. I always use jellorama instead.

S.W. Anderson said...

OK, I'll bite. Who is Jake?

susan said...

I mixed acid with listening to Jack Bruce and Cream. I can attest it was an explosive combination.

Randal Graves said...

demeur, badoomboom.

laura, auncient Chinese secret.

tom, I'm really branching out from my usual fare.

BB, don't worry, once we master it, we can slingshot around the sun in the Enterprise back to 1977. Gong Show, here we come.

if, groan.

life, I'm ignoring you.

if, the Dead put me to sleep, too.

okjimm, I hear The Kids like that Nutella crap.

SWA, this guy.

susan, sure that wasn't the Taco Bell?