Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ow my nose, ow my face

With the gang (who, unlike the man above, are not affiliated with bank robbers alive or dead) gone to grandma's house, yours truly decided against drunk posting & had some corn flakes instead, while drinking. Advancing decrepitude is a fine safety net; the hangover ain't a crashed flying trapeze artist, but lo, listen, learn, read on: I wrote, thus proving the efficacy of being blotto.*

Take that, scienticians.

*it sucks, thus proving the efficacy of sobriety. Take that, me

10 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Beer and cornflakes?

Or perhaps, frosted flakes and vodka?
~

Commander Zaius said...

I'd go with tequila and raisin bran.

susan said...

Cornflakes? I always imagined you as a brioche and espresso with a shot of brandy sort of guy.

Randal Graves said...

if, giving each other the hairy eyeball, I had to keep them separate until they went sledding down me gullet.

BB, due to injuries, I've got a starting RB tandem of Isaac Redman and Ryan Williams in one of my leagues, so some sort of adult beverage sounds nice.

susan, on a civil service salary? Think on-sale hooch. And cornflakes, actual or metaphorical, love 'em.

Demeur said...

So tell us which wine goes with corn flakes? Inquiring minds want to know.

S.W. Anderson said...

I could see brandy and french toast, But corn flakes and any kind of booze? Yuck.

One nice thing about sobriety is that it costs so much less.

Randal Graves said...

demeur, whatever is on sale.

SWA, it's not like I poured just any ole kind of booze over the flakes. It was the good stuff, I assure you.

And not everything can be measured fiscally.

Life As I Know It Now said...

my condolences to you for sure :)

sometimes some types of wines will give me a headache, not even a buzz mind you while I'm a drinkin', but a headache nevertheless the following morning :P

Randal Graves said...

A sure sign of drinking too little! Keep pushing the inevitable argh forward and it'll surely dissipate into the ether.

Prunella Vulgaris said...

BEER KILLS.