Friday, March 16, 2012

Saturday night's alright for fighting for comp time

As a few of you know from previous messaging out, I think outside the box, facilitating la bibliothèque every Saturday whilst others are doing nothing to push the envelope. FYI, that's my win theme contribution right there, where's yours, you want to be a part of the team, dontcha, not eat our own dog food?

Anyway, the campus is soon opening its doors to various & sundry future cubicle jockeys & greasy, sad food second shiftless. Chez Towering Slab, a certain social climber in middle management & ancient arch-nemesis of the Peonage has shifted the paradigm of the rabble's perspective. As always, don't pass the baton; embiggen & you too can succeed.*

Exhibit A:


Exhibit B:


Conclusion: pardon me, I seem to have caught a case of the chuckles.

*apologies for the lame. Actionable, game changing brandgagers who synergize aren't my thing. Ow, my head. I'm gonna doom out, think of Byzantine empresses tossing water balloons out of flying cars. See ya.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bernie Taupin says you need to get about as oiled as a diesel train, and forget about the comp time. Your time is their time; your possessory interest is illusory!

Life As I Know It Now said...

So it would be safe to say that you don't want to be a team player eh?

Demeur said...

What? No pizza! No ice cream and cake!

How's he going to expect anyone to show up without incentives?

Prunella Vulgaris said...

ALL I WANTED WAS A PEPSI AND SHE WOULDN'T GIVE IT TO ME.

Randal Graves said...

karl of the österreich, but this is Important™!

life, the Peonage is my team. The rest is just devils.

demeur, she, but you're not wrong, though, given her history of duh, even pepperoni + pineapple might not work.

I'M NOT CRAZY!
VISCOUNTESS!
YOU'RE THE ONE THAT'S CRAZY!
VISCOUNTESS!

Laura said...

Nothing worse than a plea for help and no one notices. (they probably shouldn't have mentioned that you wouldn't be paid)...

((Hugs))
Laura

Collin Hinds said...

You should suck it up and do it for the mere glory of it; team/character building. I've always enjoyed your spry sense of humor.

Commander Zaius said...

I see nothing concerning a dress code for this voluntary/non-voluntary extra work with no overtime pay. I have both a Darth Vader mask, with working voice distorter, and a Star Trek Captain's uniform. Both are yours if you want them.

Tom Harper said...

Aw come on, adjust your schedule. Take one for the team.

I can't help being reminded of that smarmy cloying office manager (Gary Cole) from Office Space.

susan said...

and I was reminded of Gareth in the BBC version of The Office.

Gareth: Well, I'm glad we had this little chat. I don't want you to think of me as your boss...
Donna: Well, you're not.
Gareth: Well, I'm higher up than you, so I am. What I'm saying is, don't think of me as a boss, but know that I am.
Donna: I don't think you are.
Gareth: [getting really defensive] Well, I'm team leader, so I am. I'm higher up than you.

Randal Graves said...

laura, homies helping homies is one thing, but a noted jackass PTB attempting to guilt trip folks into giving up their own precious time? Fuck that.

collin, Saturday is part of my regular gig, it's the rest of the Peonage I'm trying to save. We Are The 87 Percent.

BB, I know if I was checking out colleges, I'd give bonus points to the one with the Dark Lord of the Sith.

Not now, Tom, I'm busy. I have a meeting with the Bobs.

susan, so The Office is the Spinal Tap for the cubicle beast?

Tengrain said...

Graves, you swine!

As Bernie Taupin once said, "Opportunity awaits me like a rat in a drain." Heed the calling!

Regards,

Tengrain