Thursday, June 14, 2012

♪ let me help you out of your chair, Cleveland ♫






















 
The King is alive, long die the King.

Born in '56, is 56, it's 6/14, 1+4 is 5, that's a heaping firepit of spooky noochies I hope to invoke & give Polska some extra Saturday kielbasa. So many hours of chips, house brand fizz, Unearthed Arcana (d12 HD berserker motherfucker), & solo velocipeding to this epic E-VUL in days of yore when homie Tom K. & His Thrashing Ukulele wasn't trying to sell me on the "qualities" of the Dead Milkmen & Dread Zeppelin fuck that trying-too-hard-to-be-clever college shit I can't fucking hear you over the heavy dood, so the SBH & I are going to celebrate with crushtacular Portland doomsters Witch Mountain this eve in a local dive,



knowing that if there're big riffs aplenty, metal is metal is metal, fuck split ends.

Hail to the King, baby.


10 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

17 quality minutes.

Good thing I'm up in the mountains, or the neighbors would be hammering on my door.
~

Demeur said...

Sorry my headache can not bear 16 minutes and 56 seconds of more torture. I pass, volume off Scotty. Oh right Scotty's gone orbiting the earth now.

S.W. Anderson said...

Speaking of Cleveland, the bad news is that the city has made Terminix's top-15 list of cities where bedbugs are a serious problem. The good news is that Cleveland is 15th on the list. But still . . . be careful; it's a jungle out there.

Randal Graves said...

if, fuck yeah, man, cures so many ills.

demeur, neither is death metal, swear.

SWA, I'm having flashbacks to the late 70s when KILLER BEES WERE IN TEXAS NOW THEY'RE IN *YOUR* BACKYARD, though a horror flick about killer termites just doesn't sound as cool.

Prunella Vulgaris said...

rock on.

Tom Harper said...

This is probably sacrilegious to the Church of Metal, but the vocalist with Witch Mountain sounds like Grace Slick. She didn't O.D. on acid and come back as a metal singer, did she?

Commander Zaius said...

The King is alive...

I swear I saw Elvis working at a liquor store outside down in Bamberg,South Carolina ten years ago. He was pushing four hundred pounds and eating banana and peanut butter sandwiches but he looked good.

susan said...

It won't be long before Halifax has its annual fractured listening experience. I think I'd prefer Cleveland in this instance.

Demeur said...

SW could have been worse. It could have been crabs ewww...

S.W. Anderson said...

Demeur, maybe Famous Ray's could serve crab cakes? (Double ewww!) :)