Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Fiddle-dee-dee, that will require a tetanus shot or eleven for 'tis only the month of the two-faced



It's not me, it's you. 

After a Sammy Hagar unplugged weekend, still unpacking The Google readership [ed. note: I really do try & check out everyone's shit & shit-to-be-clicked 'cause beats the alternative of "work," what a ringing endorsement, you say, relax, I say, your place will never be as useless as this holder, be proud], & I conclude, verily, this: silly season means jack, homes. The Year of Quetzalcoatl is l'année de nouveau tuneage [ed. note: & some choice remasters that were probably released last year, but I'm slow], as are all previous & future years.

Coronary corollary: The wisdom of crowds as oxymoron: the crowd is a toxin-wrapped package of flawed sausage links, as are thee, as is me, & if member-shaped members of this collective were to replace the current PTBs, same shit, different names, more or less panache TBD. Any gang above a baker's dozen is doomed to shiv spines various & sundry. Go do something better with your time, as will I after I finish this negative iota contribution to learned discourse, such as delving into necromancy in order to resurrect Zombie Harry Clarke so he can pen a fresh line of graphic novels.



I know 'tis not new. I don't care. Thanks for trying. 

18 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I got a tetanus shot at the hospital after the haxident. I wonder what they're going to charge for it?
~

Randal Graves said...

if, I hope you got more than just that, i.e. the good stuff, which you'll need once the bill comes.

Jim H. said...

Headbanging, drunk, & alone is no way to go through life, Son.

Jim H. said...

Proper Tone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM

Laura said...

You know I LOVE Sammy Hagar! Yummy. :)

((Hugs))
Laura

Randal Graves said...

jim, listen to the stork.

laura, bah, the real VH.

Demeur said...

Don't mind us we're just one of the one hundred monkey typing. You think we'll come up with some great literary piece? I thought not too.

Laura said...

Sorry. I LOVE Sammy!
He's so damn sex-eh. :)

Tom Harper said...

All right, nice to hear the REAL Van Halen. Sammy Hagar is OK, but he became a tiny fish in a huge pond when he joined VH.

Commander Zaius said...

Going against what seems to be conventional Van Halen wisdom I enjoyed the group more when Sammy was the lead singer. But I would rather party with David Lee.

Randal Graves said...

demeur, it was the best of times, it was the blurst of times.

First person to correctly identify that allusion wins nothing.

laura, well, you are Canadian.

tom, VH is one of those bands that unless you enjoy them ironically, garners scorn from the musickal intelligentsia. Fuck off, Fair Warning slaughters the rest of 1981 something fierce (save for maybe Killers).

BB, even Canada has sleeper cells? Go back to Saskatchewan, jihadist.

susan said...

Well I'll finish the quote whether you want me to or not but simply because it's fitting.

'it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all doing direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.'

Jim H. said...

Oh, I thought you were talking about Cabo Wabo and Bad Motor Scooter.

Van Wholen?

Jim H. said...

Or even Space Station #5. Played this shit to death in my Freshman dorm. Rockin'est room ever.

S.W. Anderson said...

Negative iota contribution received. Your tax-deductible receipt is in the mail. Validity subject to IRS approval. Please remain recumbent with seatbelt fastened until gurney comes to a full stop. Thanks for your support. :)

Randal Graves said...

jim, Sammy deserves the occasional nelsonmuntzing, but that first Montrose record rips like a mofo.

But did you bang heads to vintage Megadeth whilst engaging in feats of drunken Uno?

SWA, this is gonna lead to an audit, isn't it.

Randal Graves said...

susan, bzzt! Wrong answer!

Jim H. said...

Missed the Megadeth train, but not Ozzy's Crazy one w/ early Sabbath. Uno, heh!