Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sing a lullaby, sleep now



Spent fifty-plus-one of Staycation '11 strick'n with decease, never happened at GenCon '88's Ye Olde Lich Hunt I can tell you, but 'tis no skinn'd nose, compost happens, et cetera yet this prevented a fulfillment of my homie duties, & I find as age strolls on by flipping both birds & righteous indignation these body parts wrapped in a piquant nelsonmuntzing, that now & then the vista of rituals that used to angry up the blood are sparser in number yet more potent, but lest me stab me in retaliation & then who would open the Towering Slab?

As for the rest, i.e. this, not sure what I want to do with it [ed. note: look for a resolution, amateur sleuths, you won't find it; nothing is ever resolved], as more & more each day the unimportant stuff becomes important & the important stuff less so which leads to a reevaluation of what's important. November 6, for example, ain't, though verily a chuckle riseth as we who rock &/or roll celebrate the birth of the guy who crooned this. Trust no one.

Did get one hunk of verse done, the dying breath of a year, cursed like all years, to fade in the slow burn, though, also like all, there are stars found in the black.

11 comments:

lisahgolden said...

Sick. Such a pain in the rumpus. I've got some sort of gross affliction and I'm ready to be done with it.

"Nothing is ever resolved." For sure, dude.

Commander Zaius said...

unimportant stuff becomes important & the important stuff less

You mean the Kardashian babes are just worthless human flotsam whose only claim to real fame will be as signs of the decay of Western Civilization and the utter putrid corruption of American culture?

Randal Graves said...

lisa, I think I saw Gross Affliction open for Autopsy once upon a time.

BB, bet they'd cause less damage than the clowns currently exhaling noxious fumes in the halls of power.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I'm off to the hospital to get a couple stitches in my forearm, he commiserated. (My dad just totaled the Highlander...off with its head, and such as.)
~

Demeur said...

Truer words were never spoken. As one gets closer to the grim reaper importance will be "where'd I put my glasses and teeth?" as morning light breaks. But in your case that may include hearing aid. :-P

Randal Graves said...

if, how can one total an immortal? If you're not pulling our leg, may your sword-wielding forearm be back to decapitation capacity with gusto.

demeur, I ain't laughing about the hearing aid 'cause I'm sure that's coming sooner rather than later.

Tom Harper said...

Nice to hear Cult of Personality again. I have all of Living Colour's albums but I haven't played them in awhile. Vernon Reid could play circles around most of the guitarists on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Guitarists list, and he didn't even make the list himself.

susan said...

I'm glad you'll continue to share with us your experience in conquering post-modernism, irony, and sarcasm.

I liked Living Color too and Reid made it to #66 on RS100.

Jim H. said...

As my brother quipped over the Holidays: You know you're getting old when when you bend down to tie your shoe, you look around to see if there's anything else you have to do while you're down there.

Be heeled!

@if: The Highlander can't die. That movie won the Oscar for, like, best movie ever.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

...may your sword-wielding forearm be back to decapitation capacity with gusto.

Yes!
~

Randal Graves said...

tom, those are stupid lists penned by stupid people, as stupid as the people who do stupid year-end lists.

susan, dammit, Vivid came out almost a quarter of century ago (though methinks Time's Up is still their finest hour).

jim, don't discount teevee healing. A good knock to the skull often works wonders.

if, always knew you were a Slayer fan.