Screaming up from the bloodstained abyss, conceived in a cavern of burning sulfur, the floor strewn with failed alchemical experiments and the bones of the sinful dead, comes another one of those diabolical memes whose only purpose is to strike with pain and terror at our pitiful mortal realm, this time thrown with demonic accuracy by Marjorie, who's not even in the same ballpark as evil (that I know of), but I needed to riff on something for this introductory paragraph and you did mention black metal in your post, even if just in passing. Anyway, the rules:
List 7 random things about yourself that people may not know.
Link the person who sent this to you, and leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.
Post the rules on your blog.
Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, linking their blog. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven more completely uninteresting facts about yours truly:
1. Old Van Halen may have been my official entry into the exciting world of crushing power chords, but my first experience with anything remotely rocking was probably Tenderly, performed by Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, on my vinyl copy of The Muppet Show when I was a wee lad way back in the late 70s.
2. I love Cadbury eggs and Totino's pizza rolls, but not at the same time.
3. I do not love liver.
Is it that obvious I'm straining for stuff?
4. When I was a slightly older wee lad, I wanted to be an F-14 pilot, and I spent all kinds of time building scale models of said aircraft plus Nimitz-class carriers, A-6 Intruders, even some old school A-5 Vigilantes and F-8 Crusaders and even older school WW2 stuff. Who knew that kid would grow up to be an angry lefty jackass. Must've been the fumes from the Testors glue.
5. Once upon a time, in a
galaxy classroom far, far away, we students were directed to create dioramas -- given what I ended up making, it must've been a history class -- and, using Legos, fashioned a 'working' guillotine. A stack of blocks with grooves in them provided the perfect structure for a masking-taped cardboard blade, a radar dish was the perfect catch for a bunch of decapitated Lego heads and a red magic marker was the blood. It was *sniff* beautiful. Vive la France ! Vive la révolution !
6. Summer is my least favorite season.
7. For multiple reasons, my all-time favorite piece of music is the allegretto from Beethoven's seventh symphony.
Those condemned to an eternity of taggery: Candace, Dean Wormer, Dr. Zaius, dguzman, Angie, Snave and b. Standard caveats apply: do it now, do it later, do it never, it's a semi-free country, mes amis!