Thursday, August 4, 2011

Because you didn't ask for it

Even more pictures of Clevelandia since I find photography far more interesting than military-industrial complex money shots which will never be cleaned up, as inevitable as our being processed into soylent green & after we've been gobbled up the rich will be left with nothing to eat but themselves The End unless there's unwashed popping caps en masse & even then a new asshole class will emerge because homo sapiens' aim is best in the direction of the foot but good luck anyway I'm gonna pretend to earn a paycheck.

Now that's a marketable skill.
 























No loitering is serious business.
























So we loitered. & removed the color. Take that, The Man.



















Glad to see the city promoting the health benefits of booze.
Hey, we all see what we want to see. Shut up.



















When I get a top hat, they will, oh yes they all will, chimes the library rake.



















Home is where the decrepit is.



















The Peonage doing what the Peonage does best, dealing H notwithstanding.
No, we didn't deface dust, the private property of private property.* Loons.

*we did, not this, but the shot came out sans funk & I'm all about l'art 























Ia! Ia!



















Sadly, there were no crane fisticuffs.



















Hard proof that we're not in the British Isles.



















At least one of us is.



















Someone got paid more than you for this granular clusterfuck.

18 comments:

Laura said...

"Funk we Funk"???
I think that's Track 3 on my Yanni cd. :P
Great pic's!

((Hugs))
Laura

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

We gonna turn this mother out
~

Commander Zaius said...

...even then a new asshole class will emerge...

My bet is on the Red Chinese, they'll ship us over to the homeland and we will serve out our existence doing their laundry and opening up countless American restaurants which will never quite leave them with a full feeling.

lisahgolden said...

When you get the top hat will you THEN show us a photo of you? Okay, something artsy. A top hatted reflection in a window perhaps?

Mary Ellen/Nunly said...

Hey, I drove thru...er, around Cleveland on my way home from MA last week and I even waved to you. Did you hear me screaming your name? Everyone in rush hour traffic did!

Randal Graves said...

laura, thou must pay for thy blasphemy. I sentence you to watch C-Span all weekend.

if, a wee bit better parliament than the one we're saddled with.

BB, you discount the ingenuity of the American branch of assholery? I just essentially zero faith in humans to not fall back into the same patterns.

lisa, if I can black out the grim visage 'neath the brim, it's a deal.

nunly, I did indeed hear shouting, but I assumed it was city council throwing another tantrum.

Anonymous said...

Orange bastards left out Eire!

Randal Graves said...

Not true, sir, the leprechaun is hidden behind the distant harp!

Anonymous said...

mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!

susan said...

Reading your photo blurbs has become a high point of my day. Goes to show how little entertainment there is in my life. Now back to playing online Mahjong.

Randal Graves said...

karl of the österreich, and while you're at it, gimme back me Lucky Charms!

susan, you should do what I do, scour the internets for live Europa League feeds interrupted by ads every 18 seconds, if they work at all.

S.W. Anderson said...

That second photo, the b&w with duct work going up (or down) the building, is excellent. No snark or joking, just a well-earned compliment. You should have a large print made and get it matted and framed.

Tom Harper said...

Pretending to earn a paycheck -- by far the most important job skill anyone can have.

Tengrain said...

Graves, you swine!

Home is where the decrepit is.

Now everyone knows where The Bat Cave is, and Alfred just quit.

Regards,

Tengrain

that girl said...

just so you know Randal, sometimes Walgreens has specials where you can make big photographic prints for a dollar... just sayin'...

Randal Graves said...

SWA, thanks. I think making it black & white certainly helped. There was a lot of stuff in that alley that conjured up an early 20th century feel, a nice change of pace from some of this brutalist gunk.

tom, I'd love to chat, but I have to go pretend.

tengrain, oh, that's just silly. Alfred, a sandwich.

Alfred?

thatgirl, but that's a dollar that would otherwise go to my adult beverage fund!

Demeur said...

The best that Cleveland has to offer?

Wouldn't that be a ticket out of Cleveland?

Randal Graves said...

You're so bitter, must be all that rain & heroin & Starbucks. Peace, man, groovy.