Thursday, March 31, 2011

Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental, a play in three acts.


















Act the first

Lord Boomer, Viscount of Foxglove: Bob Dylan remains The Finest Exemplar of the Cosmic Greatness*, whilst John Lennon is his worthy apprentice who in some learned circles, surpasses the master, & the Lady Yoko is a vastly underrated reservoir of non-migraine songcraft.
















"What about me, I stung like a bee, chump."

Miss Prunella Vulgaris, The Duchess of Hammer-on-Dulcimer, esteemed member of the Peonage: /yawn/

Juan, the Earl of Valdez, less esteemed member of the Peonage: /Olafian metal face/

Lord Boomer, Viscount of Foxglove: Well, I never! /stomps/


Act the second

Baron Bald of Aquarius: Access to the Sacred Wisdom of Our Age will reveal to the universe how to be saved, love & peace, man, I saw Hair back in the day. I have a big house. My taxes are too high.

Miss Prunella Vulgaris, The Duchess of Hammer-on-Dulcimer, esteemed member of the Peonage: /rolls eyes like that young chick in the Exorcist, was there pea soup, who can say, not I, your humble playwright/

Juan, the Earl of Valdez, less esteemed member of the Peonage: Oh, do tell!


Act the third


















"The World devolves into chaos, oil & water ever vanishing,
yet when the last Arbiter of Things by a Demon ravishing
boils in its own bloody red,
Authority now lies dead
& the survivors survive on glorious Power Chording --
-- & processed food, how ironically ironic!"

fin.

13 comments:

that girl said...

No appearance from Son of Snowpocalypse?

Still, this is most excellent.

Randal Graves said...

Shhh! Don't give away a future installment I haven't considered writing yet!

Alas, if only less time hath been spent on inside jokery & more on worldly affairs, we canst not ever wynne the futchure.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

If you can't win the future, then pasture the wine, I always sez.
~

Tengrain said...

Graves, you swine!

I see that your pedicure is finished.

Regards,

Tengrain

Anonymous said...

This desecration of Abu Simbel cannot stand! I summon... Pharaoh!

okjimm said...

I vaguely remember that bus.... lemmmeee see.... shit...it'll come to me.... aw.... damn, it was so long ago.

Randal Graves said...

if, I hope you're not suggesting we get drunk while at work.

tengrain, can't win the future if I don't present myself well.

charles, bah! Pharaoh's no match for the ghost of Harry Houdini!

okjimm, see what happens when you slip psilocybin in your brew?

S.W. Anderson said...

Randal, yours is a unique often delightful talent. I especially like that bus photo. At first glance I thought it must be Tea Party personnel carrier, but then I noticed no racist slurs are painted on it and the people are too young.

What makes this opus, though, is Baron Bald of Aquarius. Ubiquitous and well described.

Tom Harper said...

Hey, how'd that old family photo (the top picture) get on the Internet?

Brings back those idyllic memories. The family that takes acid tests together...

And it was always Owsley's. Righteous, Man.

Commander Zaius said...

Lady Yoko is a vastly underrated reservoir of non-migraine songcraft.

That still leaves suicide-inducing songcraft.

susan said...

I don't expect to survive the ensuing chaos but I'll be happy to send you a map to where I buried a case of Spam.

Randal Graves said...

SWA, too young? There's some fuzz-faced crackers at their shindigs, I'm sure.

Despite rumors to the contrary, the Baron was not the frontman for an obscure 70s Brit prog outfit.

tom, oh you kids and your electric kool-aid funky Satan grooves.

BB, AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHZZZZZZZZ! How was that?

susan, even in a civilization-destroying crisis, it's true, Canadians are the nicest people.

Anonymous said...

http://hermesbag.finniwolf.com the actual serving as an introduction to the wedding wednesday and a way to set a bad tone for the case, I congratulated the pup on organizing mrs. president obama fit one of his outfits parfum d your loved one'smes on the night groom approved mes wikipedia the Democratic presidential nomination. anyhow particularly long a person depart all the plastic bag inside steep, in order to social manners educated Peggy page you ought to take it off and put it deep in a saucer preceding dios hermes you cocktail that herbal tea.
http://hermeshandbag.finniwolf.com