Thursday, February 28, 2008

I wouldn't honk the honk if I couldn't tonk the tonk


















Beer? Really? I would've figured this gang for moonshine. Man, that chick in the blue and white looks a little like Anne-Sophie Mutter, doesn't she? And here I thought she was from Deutschland.



















If I was their landlord, and they started playing this crap at all hours, their lease wouldn't be broken, but something would be.

Um, derby-wearing banjo guy, what the hell are you doing with that pocket watch? Hypnotizing me? Not bloody likely!

*eerie music in the background*

Everyone knows H-A-R-R-I-GAN.
Everyone loves H-A-R-R-I-GAN.
They're the life of every party.
They encourage everyone to get "into the act."
Because it's a real party.

Get "into the act." Y-E-S-SIR.

Hey you there with the glasses!
The Honky Tonks want you.
The Honky Tonks want you at the front!
They've wanted to do this for years!

12 comments:

La Belette Rouge said...

I have heard of beer goggles. But, I think I would need beer ear muffs to get through that album.;-)

Dean Wormer said...

Well... they're definetly honkies. Don't know about the tonk part.

Randal Graves said...

LBR, I would imagine so, but I'm not willing to try it, ear muffs or no. ;-)

dean, they're Honky Tonka Tough®!

dguzman said...

oh. god. Just think--this was the "High School Musical" of yesteryear, with all the kids buying up these records and inviting their little Archie-gang-lookin' whitey friends over to sing! Which is worse--"High School Musical" or this shit?

Tough call.

Anonymous said...

LOL. Reminds me of some of those old LPs my parents and older siblings used to have around the house a looong time ago.

Randal Graves said...

dguzman, I am so beyond glad our oldest isn't into that crap. Helped me to be oblivious to its existence for awhile.

tom, oh man, I hear you. I'd love to see what crap my parents had floating around. That stuff is long gone, probably in some landfill.

Angie said...

Randal!
You found my album! Sweet. Can I have it back? Hubbie and I haven't been able to throw a decent party without it.

Anonymous said...

"Play me off, Johnny!"

Randal Graves said...

angie, The Honky-Tonks, Honky-Tonk, LLC and their parent corporation, Lockheed Martin, advise that you cease and desist your accusations of theft, for all copies of said album are the property of Lockheed Martin, the real partiers, all rights reserved.

ac, I'll tell ya what's dead, Vaudeville!

Betty Carlson said...

I only knew 15 out of the 20 songs. But that's a good grade in the French system -- mention bien, in fact.

Randal Graves said...

That is pretty impressive. I'm familiar - know is too strong of a word - with 8, which means no baccalauréat passage for me.

Anonymous said...

that is seriously messed up