Thursday, November 1, 2007

Denial ain't just a river

It's a way of life.

President Bush compared Congress' Democratic leaders Thursday to people who ignored the rise of Lenin and Hitler -
It doesn't take much to shut Nancy and Harry up, but if anything will, it's the invocation of The Great Horned One. No, not that one. This one, silly goose.

Also, we're apparently at war, and Bush said any denial of this is dangerous. His words struck me as quite strange, considering that we've always been at war with the Monolithic Islamic Über-Caliphate® that's been hell bent on destroying the United States since the death of Muhammad nearly fourteen centuries ago. You're not treading on any new ground, Mr. President, but I humbly defer to your celebrated wisdom. The floor is certainly yours. Go on.
"History teaches us that underestimating the words of evil, ambitious men is a terrible mistake," Bush said.
Lesson noted, sir. And the President didn't let us infantile activists in the Lefty Moonbat-O-Sphere off the hook. Give us hell, Bush!
"When it comes to funding our troops, some in Washington should spend more time responding to the warnings of terrorists like Osama bin Laden and the requests of our commanders on the ground," Bush said, "and less time responding to the demands of MoveOn.org bloggers and Code Pink protesters."
Uh, what was that sir? I was trying to light my doobie, but dude, someone stole my corn chips. Man! Hey, was it you, Chimpy McBushHitler, you lovable scamp? I'm gonna call Barbara's pretty little mind on yooooouuuuuuuu!

5 comments:

Fran said...

Don't you just hate that shit?

He is the f*cking Nazi! This really ticks me off.

He uses the tool of fear, so well honed by Hitler and company and then actually uses the fear of same Nazis against us.

I loathe this man beyond all belief... Him and his jackbooted companions.

Randal Graves said...

And all those with the power to apply the brakes to his runaway lunacy happily drink the fear! I was pretty goddamn cynical after last November, but even I didn't think the Dems would prove to be this spineless.

It's such a helpless feeling, you know?

Mukasey is going to get in. I just wonder which Dems are going to vote for him.

Grace Nearing said...

Mukasey is going to get in. I just wonder which Dems are going to vote for him.

I'm not so sure myself that Mukasey will get in. The Dems on the committee have him at least temporarily stalled over the waterboarding question. This is fascinating, especially on a tactical level.

Both sides have several different ways to play this, not the least of which would be Mukasey's pre-confirmation recusal from matters relating to prior Bush DoJ torture rulings and by agreeing to the appointment of a special/independent counselor on all things torture.

Randal Graves said...

Interesting, and certainly possible, but I drank Murphy's Brand Kool-Aid so long ago. If the last scenario you outlined comes to pass, I can see the special counselor being anything but independent. I just don't trust the Dems to march in any kind of freedom-loving lockstep. I more than hope I'm wrong.

Randal Graves said...

Well, hot damn, Grace, perhaps you'll prove to be Nostradamus-y. Lookie here.