Monday, December 24, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 15


















Yeah, it was that kind of day.

The Good: that I don't have to watch the film of this carbon copy of the Arizona game. On the road versus an inferior opponent? Check. A cavalcade of mistakes? Check. Potential game-winning Hail Mary that fell short as time expired? Check. With 25 first downs and nearly 400 yards of offense, we really had no problem moving the ball...

The Bad: ...we also had no problem tossing interception after interception after interception after interception. And we would be remiss in forgetting the uncanny ability to transform journeymen backs into all-pros. Kenny Watson? What, Richard Huntley and Keith Woodside weren't available?

The Ugly: DA's first-half meltdown. What the fuck was that, dude? We had the white jerseys on. Ugh.

Up next: at home vs. San Francisco. And on the road at Indianapolis. Tennessee wins, they're in, and given that Fundie Jesus' Favorite Coach loves to rest everyone in the last game of the season, let's just say I suddenly feel flush with illness, shadowed by the inevitable depression that annually devours my soul until training camp in July.

8 comments:

Crayons said...

Hey Randal,

Thanks for visiting my blog last week. I've just visited your last five posts. You are one wild and crehzy guy. I tried to find one post that I felt qualified to respond to, but I'm stymied. I feel so bourgeois and aged when I read your stuff. I'm going to ask Enriched Geranium for help with commentary on your football post.

PS: Yes, lack of Christmas lights is a misdemeanor.

La Belette Rouge said...

Randal,
My beloved is still sleeping so I am unable to get any football stats from him to add to your post.
That said, I hope you have a very happy Christmas!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

What part of "win and you're in the playoffs" do they not understand?

B said...

Ugh. I thought about you during this entire game. So sorry. :(

Randal Graves said...

Crayons, thanks for stopping by, and don't worry about the comments. As my juvenile posts usually only offer nausea, most want to avoid such feelings! And thanks for the tip, I don't need Blackwater showing up at my door.

LBR, we threw four picks. There's a stat. Ugh. Hope you get some red shoes!

Dr. Monkey, the win part. Apparently, it's not in any of their playbooks or team literature.

b, yeah, well, we'd only get crushed by San Diego anyway. ;-)

Mary Ellen said...

The Bears beat the Packers, heh heh heh.

Randal Graves said...

The Bears will not be playing in January, heh heh heh. Oh shit, neither will we.