Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly VI














"If you tackle me, the terrorists win."

The Good: Once again, Jamal Lewis. Once again, the defense -- well, half of it, anyway. The passing game in the fourth quarter. No turnovers, woo.

The Bad: the passing game the first three quarters. Was this the same offense that generated over 450 yards last week? DA was off, Braylon was back to specializing in the dropsies.

The Ugly: The first half on offense. What an ugly fucking game on both sides, but this was the killer: look, Romeo, I know you have dyslexia when it comes to field goal strategery, but when you're down by 11, you need at least one field goal. Kick it, especially when you're near the fucking goalline, then hope your defense can get the ball back so your kicker doesn't need to make a 54-yarder. Between this and the Steelers game, these fuckers should be 4-2, and in an increasingly stupid AFC -- really, only Tennessee and Buffalo are remotely consistent from week to week -- shut up, Pittsburgh, beating the Bungles doesn't count, believe us, we know -- 9-7 might get you in. At least the Cowboys got waxed and the inevitable TO meltdown is one week closer. Hee, hee, hee.

Up next: at Jacksonville. Since we're not supposed to, I bet we win.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, take heart in the fact that they beat the crap out of the Giants last week. That's something.

Commander Zaius said...

Cowboys got beat? Oh hell, one of my friends at work is going to be paying out some money tomorrow.

MRMacrum said...

Any week the Cowboys get beat is a good week. Any Redskin fan, current or ex current has this drilled into them from an early age.

As I have to wait until Monday Night to see my Pats go through the motions, I am heartened that not only did the Cowboys lose, but so did the Jets and the Colts. All in all, not a bad weekend. I know, I know, experiencing joy at the expense of others' disappointment is so petty. I was magnanimous last year. This year I go petty.

pissed off patricia said...

The Cowboys have been so busy shooting themselves in the foot that they forgot how to play the game.

If there is a football god, please let him send the Cowboys a coach who is young and eager. Enough of these old recycled guys. We need fresh young blood who wants to take the team ahead, not just watch from the sidelines.

La Belette Rouge said...

Yay, sports! Nothing else to add on your sports posts until your shoe post is posted.;-)

DivaJood said...

Football players have cute rear ends.

Utah Savage said...

Yes they do have nice asses, especially the tight ends.

Billie Greenwood said...

Speaking of tackles, you might enjoy this if ya watch it all the way through.

okjimm said...

Boy.....sorry about the Browns.
To be honest, I always liked the Browns when I was a kid......is Otto Graham still the quarterback?

susan said...

What can I say about football that Erma Bombeck didn't say better?

If a man watches three football games in a row, he should be declared legally dead.

Non Je Ne Regrette Rien said...

go. team. go fight win. team. don't hurt yourselves in those sprayed-on pants either.

go. team.

Randal Graves said...

spartacus, oh, I am. Muahahahaha. Wait, we're 2-4. Blah.

BB, hope it was in Euros!

mrmacrum, there's nothing wrong with being petty. That's as American as mom, apple pie and, I don't know, littering.

Someone lit a fire under the Pats' D last night.

POP, Wade does have that "I should be a greeter at Wal-Mart" look about him, doesn't he?

LBR, I know you don't believe me, but that day IS getting closer. I'm not sure my sneakers will last through another Cleveland winter. ;-)

diva and utah, see? Beefcake is sometimes provided at chez Randal.

BE, holy shit, that was bloody hilarious!

okjimm, no, he retired, but I think this Frank Ryan kid is going places.

susan, then I've died and come back to life so many times I make Jeebus look like the chump that he is.

JNRR, hey, there's nothing wrong with looking a little bit sexy. It's what I live for.

DivaJood said...

Not enough beefcake to satisfy me. I'm just saying.

Randal Graves said...

I never see any cheesecake at your place. Just saying.