Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fuck yeah, motherfucker

I fucking love good news.

A bunch of fucking scienticians said that it's a good idea to swear at work because all the stress and bullshit that methodically builds up into a giant fucking wall of asshat residue that could topple over at a moment's notice and crush your fucking skull can be alleviated merely by swearing just a little fucking bit. How fucking cool is that?

Though this shit pissed me off:

The pair said swearing in front of senior staff or customers should be seriously discouraged or banned, but in other circumstances it helped foster solidarity among employees and express frustration, stress or other feelings.
Hey motherfuckers, senior staff and customers are the groups that cause the frustation, stress and other fucking feelings. You dumbasses. Fix your fucking study so, for official health reasons, we can go off without resorting to Republican-style bloodshed and end up as a new entry in the fucking DSM-IV. Now. NOW, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES!

Sure, it was typed instead of spoken, but I do feel better. Try it, I'm sure you will, too. Thanks, Yehuda and Stuart!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fuckin' A, that's the best Goddamn news I've heard yet on this shitty day. Right the fuck on!

Frederick said...

Hells yes...'bout time somebody fucking said it.

Randal Graves said...

Everyone should show this shit to their fucking boss. I figure, if it's good enough for the fucking VP, it's good enough for us peons.

Snave said...

Well, fuck!!!

"America, fuck yeah... comin' to save the motherfuckin' day, yeah..."

That's the song I like to sing in my office at work. Go Team America!!!

Snave said...

Also, good call on Opeth!

I am a huge fan of Porcupine Tree, and when I saw PT open for Opeth, the Opeth singer came out to sing a PT song. What a versatile singer... The friend I was at the show with had to work the next day, and he was tired, and WE DIDN'T GET TO SEE OPETH! But that's o.k., I forgive him always. Anyway, when I found out that PT's Stephen Wilson produced Opeth's "Damnation", I bought it immediately and it didn't leave my CD player for weeks. From there I got "Ghost Reveries" and "Deliverance" and a friend of my daughter's burned me a copy of "Blackwater Park". All of it, FANTASTIC stuff!

Have you listened to much Porcupine Tree? I think of them as what Pink Floyd might have become had Roger Waters not imploded.

Fuck yeah!

Anonymous said...

This approach can work well at home, too, although one has to be sure that the children don't follow one's example in front of teachers -- or grandparents. :)

Randal Graves said...

Snave, it was the reverse for me. I came to Porcupine Tree through Opeth. I had heard of them, but hadn't heard any of their stuff. When Wilson produced Blackwater Park, I figured I'd check them out and very impressed. They're a truly excellent band. And Opeth is one of those metal bands that even non-metalheads can dig. I remember on the Ghost Reveries tour, my wife and I are standing there through the opening acts, and there's a couple next to us, a bit older than us, who had apparently brought their daughter. She'd pop in and out of the pit now and then. The parents kept on cringing during the openers, but once Opeth came out, you could tell they were impressed with the musicianship and the lack of airs. The cookie monster vocal parts, that I'm not so sure about. :) Opeth just wanted to kick your ass and take you to another place. Brilliant band on record, and live. If you haven't picked up their earlier stuff yet, do so. Orchid is an excellent debut, Morningrise is, IMHO, their best work - epic, sprawling, emotional - My Arms, Your Hearse is a bit more ferocious in spots, but tells a great ghost story, and Still Life isn't as immediate as the rest, but give it time, and it'll grow, especially The Moor and Face of Melinda, which they brought out for their tour with PT.

Kathy, I hear ya. I think my kids have gotten to the point where automatically repeating what dad says during Browns' games isn't an issue anymore, so I think I'm safe. :)

Candace said...

More amazing findings from another study which was no doubt funded with taxpayer money.

Duh.
Just. Fucking. Duh.

Anonymous said...

Hi, good post. I have been pondering this topic,so thanks for sharing. I’ll likely be coming back to your posts. Keep up the good work