Monday, October 29, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly 7

Blogger ate my original post, so here's a slimmed-down, time-constrained version of this legendary and beloved series.

The Good: We've won back-to-back games for the first time since the Ordovician, The Edwards-Winslow Show stunned the audience once more under maestro Derek Anderson.

The Bad: The defense is still garbage. Until he got hurt yet again, Steven Jackson ran through the eleven defenders as if they were holograms. There's no way in hell we even sniff the playoffs with this garbage unit playing as poorly as it does, week after week.

The Ugly: Nearly a dozen penalties. The Sawks won the whole thing. Boston is the new New York.

Up next: at home against the birds from Grungeland. We've come to snuff the Roosters Seahawks! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Sorry, temporary possession by Layne Staley. I'm okay now, thanks.

4 comments:

Mary Ellen said...

I have nothing good to say about Chicago sports teams this year. The White Sox sucked all season, the Bears are continuing to suck this season, and...well, the Cubs always suck and that's ok with me, I hate the Cubs.

There will be no living with the Mass Asses now. Ugh.

Randal Graves said...

Is there some extradimensional vortex situated behind the center out in Ditkaland? I'm convinced that you could put Johnny U, circa 1962, out there, and HE would throw four picks every game. But, since you guys won the Series a few years ago, I have no sympathy. :)

Mary Ellen said...

randal- It's even worse after winning the WS. It's torture to watch it all fall apart. This year, especially, the White Sox just fell apart for no apparent reason. It wasn't just one or two guys in a slump, it was the whole friggin' team! Every time I opened the draw to pull out a ticket for the game, I wanted to puke. Over $10,000 of worthless cardboard. Then, to make it worse, I have to work off all that ballpark food I ate....I always eat too much when I'm depressed. :-(

Randal Graves said...

You're stepping into it further. Try going your entire life without seeing a single champion. Years and years of bad baseball only to lose a game seven, ninth-inning lead; the Cavs peaking during Jordan's and Duncan's respective heydays, Red Right 88, the Drive, the Fumble, the team moving THEN winning a Super Bowl. Misery, thy name is Cleveland. Sorry, mon amie. :)